Who hasn’t been advised: “Switch your bulbs to fluorescent (otherwise known as ‘CFL’s :Compact fluorescent light bulbs) and save money on your electric bill!”
Smart idea? You bet! And here are some specifics you may not know:
- CFL’s use about 75% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs
- CFL’s last up to 10 times longer
- CFL’s produce just as much light
- CFL’s reduce greenhouse emissions
- CFL’s now come in a great variety of sizes, shapes and colors, not just the coil variety.
In addition, lighting fixture designers have jumped on the ‘green’ bandwagon in recent years. As a result, energy saving options are more widely available than ever! When shopping for new fixtures for your home or office, consider ENERGY STAR qualified lighting fixtures and enjoy these advantages:
- They can illuminate your space more efficiently than standard fixtures
- They will save you money on your energy bill
- They come in a variety of decorative styles for indoor and outdoor applications including Holiday string lights (how about that!)
- You can find these items at most home centers, lighting showrooms and specialty stores.
Lastly, in case you’re not aware, PG&E has some extraordinary REBATE programs that can save you energy and money throughout your home and business not just lighting programs.
Chock full of energy saving information and additional valuable links, the PG&E Website is certainly worthy of a visit: www.PGE.com/myhome/saveenergymoney/rebates
Call Integrity Electric today to learn more about energy saving tips!
You’ll be glad you did.